If you and your family go all-out for the holidays and perhaps indulge a little more than might be ideal for your health, you may already be stocking up on homeopathic cold and flu medicine in anticipation of a crash after the new year. Once you’ve rung in the new year and packed away all your holiday decorations until the next season, you may be in the mood for a health detox. Fortunately, keeping your family healthy doesn’t have to feel like a major burden or a complicated endeavor. By taking a few cues from homeopathic medicine, incorporating wellness habits into your family’s everyday routine and setting a healthy schedule right from the start of the year, you can help your family recover from the rich indulgence of the holidays and get back to good health. Here’s how to get your household started on this path.
An important part of keeping your family healthy in the new year is being prepared for seasonal colds and flus. This means keeping both traditional and homeopathic medicines stocked in your medicine cabinet at all times. For example, you may want to keep a regular supply of:
- Herbal teas
- Chewable vitamins for flu prevention
- Drinkable supplements
- Cough syrup
In addition to being prepared in case one of your family members catches a seasonal illness, you can start taking steps to prevent illness even before the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s. For instance, you may wish to:
- Try alternative recipes to your holiday favorites made with healthier ingredients
- Start a healthier diet in the new year
- Get your family moving to start the new year feeling strong and healthy
Maintaining Healthy Habits
Whether you’ve been researching what causes a cough or how to shed extra holiday pounds, you may have already discovered that everyday healthy habits are the key to keeping your family in good health into the new year. Focus on pulling your loved ones out of a sedentary holiday funk and back into a healthier everyday schedule. You should:
- Make sure your family still gets at least eight hours of sleep every night
- Balance holiday treats and indulgences with a well-balanced diet rich in whole produce
- Try to get some exercise in every day to shed holiday pounds in the new year
- Choose homemade foods over highly processed ones to get a healthy start after the holidays
- Find ways to maintain low stress levels and a positive mood heading into the new year
When it comes to keeping your family healthy into the new year and well beyond, it’s important to adopt healthy habits, get into a wellness routine right from the start of the year and incorporate homeopathic remedies as needed.
Read More: How do I Apply For a Health Card?
Whether you and your loved ones indulged in one too many seasonal treats over the holidays or whether you just want to start the year off on the right foot, keeping your household healthy after New Year’s is doable if you plan ahead. Once the food coma of the holidays wears off, start using these tips to keep your family healthy and happy in the upcoming year.