There is a rising demand for health cards across Indian cities and across demographics. From seniors who are experiencing escalating healthcare costs on account of their age, to nuclear and joint families attempting to rationalise their collective healthcare spending, people want to download health cards. Additionally, millennials are now trying to keep their lifestyle-linked health problems in check, which can be accomplished by applying for a health card such as the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card.
There are several reasons for this growing demand for health cards. Firstly, people are more health-conscious. Secondly, lifestyle-related diseases linked to posture, stress and irregular eating and sleeping habits are on the rise. Thirdly, there is a generally higher acceptance for minor cosmetic surgeries, particularly hair transplants today. Additionally, people are also more familiar and comfortable with the idea of a loan to pay for medical emergencies. Before you apply for a health card, however, it is important to keep a few things in mind.
Know what you’re getting into
If you find yourself in any of the situations or categories that we have described above, you too might be keen on applying for a health card in order to manage healthcare costs better. For example, when you have a heavy healthcare expenditure, you can divide the price into instalments such that you pay what is possible on a monthly basis from your salary. You choose the instalment tenor at the time of making the payment for the healthcare service or product.
It is important that you are acutely aware of the differences between a health card and health insurance before you attempt to download health card or apply for one. Health insurance involves you paying an amount upfront and thereafter, if you are hospitalised during the policy term, your hospitalisation costs will be covered by the insurer entirely or at least a sizable portion of it, depending on the fine print.
When you opt for a health card, you pay a nominal fee for the year. You then get the opportunity to break down all manner of healthcare expenses, such as hospitalisation costs, diagnostics bills, medical surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, pharmacy bills and consultation costs into monthly instalments that you pay in subsequent months.
Do your research
Before you apply for just any health card, you should know the basic features that you can expect and add-ons or freebies that act as differentiators. Typically, you must get basics like No Cost EMI, a high loan limit, flexible repayment tenors and competitive fees and charges. When it comes to the differentiators, the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card offers the cardholders complimentary personal accident insurance of up to Rs. 1 lakh for one year. Additionally, cardholders get unlimited free consultations on Doc Online and discounts of up to 50% at various partner healthcare providers.
Applying for the Health EMI Network Card
- Ensure that you are an existing Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Cardholder. In case you are not a member, you can get a card instantly by applying online. You need to provide a few basic documents and details, and complete online verification. Alternatively, you can use the Store Locator feature on the Bajaj Finserv website to find and visit a partner store, and apply for your card offline. The documents required are very basic; all you need to do is provide proof of identity, age, income and address. Basic documents like your Aadhaar and PAN Cards, driving license and salary slips can cover this. You can get this primary card activated instantly and then you are just a few steps away from getting your hands on the health card.
- Visit the official Bajaj Finserv website and navigate to the Health EMI Network Card section. Click on ‘Get It Now’.
- Log in using the mobile number linked to your Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card.
- Now, you can go through the various card offers and pay your one-time joining fee of Rs. 589.
- Download the Bajaj Finserv Wallet app from either the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- View your approved Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card on the app. You now have access to more than 5,500 partner healthcare providers in over 1,000 cities. You can pay for your healthcare needs in any of these cities in No Cost EMIs, with flexible tenors of up to 24 months. The card comes with a pre-approved loan of up to Rs. 4 lakh.
Now that you have understood the process, you are possibly wondering if you are eligible for the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card. You will be happy to note that the eligibility criteria are fairly simple and straightforward. You just have to be a Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Cardholder. The eligibility criteria for this card include being between 21 and 60 years of age or 23 and 65 years of age for offline and online verification respectively, and a regular source of income.
Read Also – Top-Selling Sony Home Theatre at Best Prices in India