Fiber optic cables is one of those terms; you can often hear or read as plastic optical fiber. It is a polymer-based optical fiber. PMMA is the acrylic that compromises the core by 96% of the cross-section in 1mm diameter of the thread, and the cladding material is nothing but fluorinated polymers.
pmma fiber optic cables is an essential part of our daily lives. Even though these cables may not always be visible to us, they play a crucial role in various sectors. Moreover, multiple industries require Pmma fiber optic cable to provide services or products, making it demanding. Therefore, if you are looking for vital information about Pmma fiber optic cable, this article will be helpful.
Details about Pmma Fiber Optic Cable
- The core material used to manufacture pmma fiber optic cables is pmma or polystyrene, and the cladding materials are mostly silicon resin.
- The refractive index difference between the core fiber and the cladding fiber is on the higher side of the scale. For the core part, the refractive indices for Emma are 1.49, and for polystyrene, it is 1.59. On the other hand, the refractive index for the cladding fiber is approx 1.46.
- The range of angles for accepting or emitting lights in pmma fiber optic cable is also high.
- It has a good industry standard that characterizes the step-index fiber with a diameter of 1mm.
- The bandwidth of the pof is approx 5 MHz-km at 650nm and the attenuation loss is about 1db for the same range.
- It is a low-cost plastic optical fiber even though it is mechanically highly flexible.
- It has multiple applications in different industries.
Usages of Pmma Fiber Optic Cable
A common name for pmma fiber optic cables is consumer optical fiber because of its benefits. PMMA fiber optic cable is not only beneficial for various industries, but it is inexpensive as well. The best part about the fiber optic cable is that everything is affordable, whether the associated optical links, installation or connectors.
Whether it’s home appliances, industrial or home networks, or car networks, pmma fiber optic cable is the most inexpensive yet the best option. Since Emma has an attenuation loss of about 1db and the distortion is also excellent, it has a high demand in the market for its usages in low-speed and short-distance applications. However, for high-speed applications, perfluorinated polymer fiber can be a good option.
The high resistance of the pmma fiber optic cable makes it a preferable option for remote sensing and multiplexing.
One of the most popular usages of pmma fiber optic cable is home lighting. The primary end-glow pmma fiber optic cable is an excellent lighting option for hotel lighting, home ceiling lighting, KTV, etc.
Advantages Of Using Pmma Fiber Optic Cable Lighting Instead Of LED Lighting
- Firstly, LED lightings may have tons of good sides, but they are expensive. Whereas Pmma fiber optic cable lighting provides all the top lighting facilities in an affordable price range.
- pmma fiber optic cable lighting is mechanically flexible and less problematic compared to the other lighting options.
- Whether it’s heating, UV rays, or electricity, none of these occur at the point of illumination.
- Installation of pmma fiber optic cable projects is more comfortable than other projects
- It does not require high maintenance. The maintenance for Pmma fiber optic cable is hassle-free and inexpensive.
If you are looking for a pmma fiber optic cable-related project, you can expect an affordable and comfortable experience. However, looking for a manufacturer who can customize the cable according to your requirements is essential in this regard.