Acquiring the best GPU for PC is the primary concern of gaming enthusiasts who are planning to upgrade their system or custom build the one. For the said reason, the graphics adapter or GPU is the crucial component of your PC when it comes to performance. But, the purchase decision before getting a suitable GPU can be an overwhelming task due to the variety of factors and features that fuel your decision equation.
To make an informed decision, it is mandatory to get rich knowledge about the features and utilities of a certain product. This article is intended to give you a complete how-know about Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd classified ultra and whether you should buy it for your next gaming machine or not.
Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd – Introduction
Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd is based on Kepler architecture, introduced to sustain the requirements of an average individual, from gamers to the top overclocking experts around the globe. This renowned Nvidia product can spare you from worrying about space or the limitations of your motherboard’s dimension.
This GPU offers remarkable power output and the revised cooling mechanism in place can boost efficiency to a significant extent.
Additionally, the integrated voltage probe points indicator allows you to observe the overall and instant TDP easily. It’s fully compatible with EVGA EVBot that allows overclocking and monitoring of your GPU with special OC BIOS to attain utmost overclock performance.
Specifications and Features – Explained
- GPU’s memory:
GPU memory is one of the very crucial factors to consider. It is recommended to buy a GPU with at least 3GB of memory or above for an aesthetic gaming experience. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd features 2GB of GDDR5 memory. If you want to play games on sites like 토토사이트 with the maximum configuration limits and activate high-resolution texture or shadow options, you have to increase your budget for a smooth gaming experience with no lacks. For instance, very high-end gaming with 4K screen resolution requires at least 8GB of memory.
- System Dimensions and Board:
You have to make sure that your system’s case has rich space for your next graphic unit. Check the overall dimensions of your PC case. GPUs offer multiple interface options like slim, single-slot, dual-slot, or even triple-slot. High-end GPUs can occupy large volumes and cover two or more expansion slots, as the latest-gen GPUs are heavier and bulkier than most previous-gen modules. Even if your GPU only covers one or two slots of your motherboard, but it can possess a big heatsink and cooling fan overlap the adjacent extension slots. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd features 9.5 inches (241 mm) length it occupies the width of 2 slots.
Power Consumption: The power input or power consumption of GPU or CPU is known as Thermal Design Power (TDP). TDP is the measure of heat dissipation of the CPU or GPU at stock settings. Consider this rule of thumb, let suppose you’re using a 300-watt power supply with an overclocked CPU that consumes 95-watts of power and you want to install a GPU with 250-watt power consumption, you need more power. Over 600W power supply unit – PSU is a perfect choice for many previous-gen GPUs. For Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd having 170Watt TDP, you need a 450watt power supply unit (PSU). But if you’re going to install modern-gen GPUs like 3080/RX 6800 XT, it is mandatory to acquire a higher-power power supply, especially if your card offers overclocking feature.
- Power Connectors: All high-performance graphic cards consume more power than the usual maximum power output of 75W that the mainstream x16 PCIe slot offers. High-end GPUs demand additional PCIe power connectors with 6 and 8 pin options. Some GPUs feature one or more than one connector, with 6 and 8 pin ports that can be found on the same GPU. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd has two 6-pin PCIe power connectors. If your power supply doesn’t have the designated or additional connectors, you have no choice but to replace or upgrade your power supply unit.
- Ports: Some monitors have an HDMI interface, some offer DisplayPort, and some older units also feature Digital Visual Interface – DVI. Ensure that the card you purchase is compatible with the interface that your display screen (LED, LCD, or Monitor) has. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd features Two dual-link DVI-I connectors and one HDMI connector.
- Clock speed:
This is another crucial factor in determining the fate of your gaming experience. Some GPUs offer overclocking features, which marginally improve the fps performance on high resolutions. But clock speed alone isn’t the magic want, as GPU’s memory, VRAM memory, and integrated technology are the primary variables in determining the performance. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd features a Base/Core Clock (the speed of the GPU’s chip) frequency of 980MHZ, a boost clock frequency of 1032Mhz, and a Memory Clock frequency (the speed of the VRAM on the GPU) of 1502MHz.
- Stream Processors:
Equally important as clock frequency, stream processors are the theoretical indicators of GPU’s performance. Keep in mind, the comparative analysis of core counts within the same architecture is more beneficial than a comparison among different models. For instance, a comparison of AMD and Nvidia GPUs on the basis of merely a core count is less meaningful. In Nvidia CUDA cores are GPU’s equivalent of CPU cores. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd has 1152CUDA Cores.
- Floating-point operations per second:
- Trillions of floating-point operations (TFLOPs) can be used to measure the maximum theoretical performance of a GPU. It can be used to determine how faster the chip is compared to another in the same generation. Like stream processors, comparing TFLOPs across architectures is less fruitful. Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd features FP32 (float) performance of 2.378 TFLOPS FP64 (double) performance of 99.07 GFLOPS.
- Memory speed/bandwidth:
Just like higher clock frequency, faster memory is the important factor to determine the performance of your GPU. The architectures like Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 760 GV-N760OC-4gd with GDDR5 memory are significantly faster than those with the GDDR4 memory modules due to better memory bandwidth. GTX 760 features, and a Memory speed of 1502Mhz and memory bandwidth of 192.3GB/s along with a 256-bit memory bus and L2 cache.